Monday, August 10, 2009

A list of things that I am thankful for...

So, the other day I was at church listening to the pastor talk about "grace."  "Grace" is unmerited favor or something that you don't earn.  It is thru God's grace that we are forgiven, it is thru God's grace that we receive blessings.  I have learned that when you pray, you shouldn't pray about the things that are missing from your life, but rather, you should be thanking the Lord for what you have already received.  It is only thru being thankful in receiving that we can truly be given what we ask for in prayer.  So today of all days, I am going to list all the things I am thankful for to remind me how great & blessed my life really is.  And it's for you readers as well to remind me when I call you in despair.

I AM THANKFUL FOR...
my relationship with God
my healing
my life
my husband
my daughter
my health
my parents
my stepparents
my brothers & sisters
my aunties & uncles
my cousins
my inlaws
my car
my home
my bed
the furniture in my house
my friends
money
food, especially desserts :)
lavender body wash
hot bath water
big tubs
bubble baths
the feel of new carpet between your toes
the beach
the sun, the sand
shave ice
manis & pedis
my breath
sleep
pain meds
coffee & bagels w/cream cheese
hot, fresh malasadas
air conditioners
shopping
my cell phone
the internet
computers
reality tv
my doctors
hair
sunday services
gospel music
ipods

2 comments:

  1. Amen! It is so true. My prayers every night are full of praise and thanks for all the many blessings in my life. I thank God for curing me - because even if I'm not cured now, I know he can and will do it for me. Hang in there, sister, You're doing great. Keep looking forward. We can do this :)

    ReplyDelete