Sunday, August 16, 2009

Doctor's appointments - Boy am I sick of them!!!

Okay, so since Tuesday, I've been to a doctor's office at least once a day...& that's not it...I get to see my oncologist tomorrow, then the eye doctor & physical therapist on Tuesday, then the liver doctor & physical therapist on Wednesday.  Thursday & Friday are free for now, but we'll see if the docs decide that I need to see them again.

The new physical therapist is wonderful!  I've only seen her twice & already I'm noticing a difference in my arm.  She's also very informative as well & I've learned quite a bit in the last two visits.  I'm hoping to have a better range of motion before we go to Texas so that I won't seem so "handicapped."

My echo cardiogram came back with good news...my heart is in good shape!  Yay!  Thank You God!  But, it seems like the tumor in my armpit is pressing up against a vein in my arm & that is what is causing all this swelling.  So, we're being careful because we don't know if there is a blood clot involved, so when I exercise that arm, I have to do it lightly & not aggressively.  I find out tomorrow if they are going to put me on a low dose of coumadine - it's a blood thinner that will prevent my blood from clotting so that we don't have to worry about any blood clots forming in the arm.  It sucks!  I remember that my grandma was on that same medication.  Um hello?  When did I become my grandma?!!?  Okay, Grandma & Grandpa Cortez listen up... if you have any say or control on what happens to me down here on Earth, then I suggest you speak up & help me out here.  No more pressing on the vein, no more tumor in the armpit, full circulation returned to my arm, full range of motion returned to my arm, no more pain at all, no more cancer cells in my body!  And tell God that although I love being thin, this is not how I imagined it at all.  I pray that I am healthy thin, not sickly thin.  I guess you really have to be careful what you ask for in prayer & be very specific as well.

Anyway, I'll blog again sometime tomorrow with the results from my doctor's visits.  By the way, the Texas thing is coming along slowly.  I did speak with someone from the hospital, all my records are being faxed & copied, & all my scans are being put on a disc.  Hope it all falls into place soon, but only God knows the outcome of it.  I place it into Your hands Father & I stand upon Your word of healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment