Saturday, July 18, 2009

My Mastectomy

So, what is it like to lose a boob? Well, you know at the beginning of my journey I was so intent in preserving the breast that I did everything except for surgery. But, now when I look back, I think my life & my health is way more important than my boob. They've said that they can reconstruct it later, but I've been thru too many surgeries that right now, it's just not a priority for me anymore. I can truly say that I don't really care what people think if they see that I only have 1 boob. It's funny though because when I had my mastectomy, they had also performed a lift on the other side...so, I got one really pretty, perky boob & one flat, deflated piece of skin. Anyway, having a mastectomy is not that bad except for the pain from the drainage. I do not know how women can electively choose to have a boob job. For me, I don't want to go thru this type of pain ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment