Saturday, November 14, 2009

Home Sweet Home...


We are finally home!!!  We arrived to Honolulu on November 6 at about 10 pm.  We had a long flight with 2 layovers in between & I think altogether we spent an entire 15 hours traveling...but it didn’t really matter, as long as we were coming home.  I’d like to thank all of you for your continued support, prayers, & goodies we received while we were on our journey in Texas.

The doctors in Texas are wonderful & extraordinary!  I definitely will miss the “queen” treatment I received while there.  Until you go, you will never know just how many people around the world that are affected by this disease.  It is shocking, but somewhat comforting to know that I am not alone.  And thanks to Kanoe’s outgoing personality, we have met many people that have touched our lives.

Anyway, I receive my first chemo treatment in Hawaii on November 16 at my doctor’s office.  I am praying that everything goes as smoothly as it did in Texas.  My doctor is smart though, so I’m sure there is nothing to worry about.

Ten things that I learned from my trip:  1) just when you think your situation is bad, God introduces you to someone who’s situation is worse, 2) just when you think you can’t take it any more, God picks you up & moves you forward, 3) there IS power in prayer, 4) patience, 5) I AM a lot like my mother, 6) my daughter IS extremely creative, smart, & talented, 7) my husband DOES love me, 8) there is more to life than just work, 9) despite the baldness, I am still beautiful, & lastly...10) there are so many wonderful people in this world.

So, yes...we are finally home & I am finally “back!”  I feel really good, strong, confident, & full of life.  This cancer doesn’t know who he’s messing with, but I guarantee he will regret messing with me!  Thank you all again for your prayers & support. 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home! :) You sound so good! I'm smiling for you. Praying too. Fight on, my warrior sister!

    ReplyDelete