Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I miss Texas....


Okay, so I miss Texas...weird!  I think I miss the shuttle & the ease of going to the doctor, I miss the "queen" treatment, I miss the doctor & her team,  & I miss the ono filipino food on the weekends at Aunty Sylvia's.  I don't miss being hospitalized, I don't miss missing my husband, & I don't miss the crazy drivers.  

I just recently had a"lightbulb" moment concerning my treatment & made an attempt to email the patient advocate at Queen's Medical Center.  I got the response I wanted & they promised that they will forward my email to the doctor, as well as partner with her to make sure my concerns are addressed & resolved.  Their only concern for me is that they hope I don't get treated differently by the doctor or her staff.  Gee, if that happens, the doc doesn't know who she's messing with & will be sorry.  My next appointment to see the doctor is on the 30th...I will let all of you know what happens, if anything.

My last treatment was on the 16th & usually for 10 days after that my taste buds disappear & I don't have much of an appetite.  I do eat though, but small portions & sometimes I skip a meal here & there.  It's hard to chew something that tastes like cardboard.  Also, my muscles ache, especially the ones in my legs, & my feet hurt.  My feet & hands are discolored, they're dry & sometimes they peel.  That's where "ped-egg" comes to the rescue.  If you haven't tried ped-egg yet, what are you waiting for, the thing works!  Anyway, I use cetaphil, bath & body sleep, or aloe vera lotion every night with socks to ease the dryness.

Anyway, my next treatment is on the 8th, & I've requested it to be at the Queen's Cancer Center rather than in her small, stuffy office.  Fingers crossed for a bigger, more private room & trained oncology nurses that don't make me bruise when drawing blood from my port.  Until then, thank you all for your kind words, prayers, & support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment