Friday, October 30, 2009

CT Scans are not fun!!!

I most recently had a CT scan last Wednesday & it really sucked! First of all, the person who developed that "barium" should check theirself. Anything you do to that milky concoction is NOT gonna make it taste any better, in fact, I think the berry smoothie flavored barium still tastes pretty bad. What's worse, is that I had no idea there was such a thing as a "rectal" barium...yes, it is what you think...they put barium up there too. As if drinking three cups of that stuff isn't enough, they find a way to put it up there.

Okay, bitching aside, my test results came back with positive results. According to the doctor, there is no new growth. Which means that the chemo treatment is keeping the cancer at bay - YAY!!! And then, we were given the news we have been waiting so long to hear, the green light to go home - YAY!!! So, goodbye Texas....it was definitely a journey & well worth it, but get me the heck outta here & back to paradise where I belong.

So, yes...I'm going home! After a long two months. I'm going to continue my chemo treatments in Hawaii though, & I'll have another check up in another nine weeks. Thank you everyone for your continued prayers & support. You cannot imagine how much it's meant to me to know how many of you are praying for me & my family. The power of prayer - you just gotta believe.

1 comment:

  1. Great news! There is no place like home ... especially if it's Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete