Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Halfway to losing my mind...

I'm done with chemo #2 & am on my way actually to getting chemo #3. I guess I was so drugged out during chemo #1 that I don't remember any of the side effects. So, this time around, I really felt the side effects. It included nausea, itchiness, dizziness, the soles of my feet hurt, & loss of appetite. It lasted about 10 days! Can you imagine feeling sick for 10 days?
It wasn't fun at all, but as soon as it passed I was able to eat. Thank God!

Anyway, we've been here about a month & a half so far...& I am really looking forward to this week. Let's see, on Wednesday I have a bone scan, CT scan, & ultrasound scheduled with the results read the next day. This will determine when we'll be able to go home. I'm excited...cause I miss home, I miss my husband, I miss my own bed, I miss everything there is to miss about Hawaii. It's lonely & boring here in Texas especially when you rely on the hotel shuttle to take you places & the most exciting place it can take you is to Super Target. Thank God for weekends & thank God for my Aunty Sylvia & Uncle Greg. We spend our weekends at their house in Katy. Aunty takes us to the mall, to the grocery store, anywhere we want to go...& we're not confined to our hotel room.

H1N1 is a huge deal here & the hospital I go to just announced that they are not allowing children under the age of 12 on the premises. Which means that Kanoe can no longer come with me when I have doctor's appointments. I hope that this flu thing passes quickly. I just want to be able to go home & let Kanoe get her flu shots from her regular doctor. Here in Texas, we don't have a pediatrician & we have no way of getting around & I'm not familiar with what's nearby, so it would be hard for me to get a doctor for Kanoe. Anyone have any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sharia!

    I wanted to let you know about an interesting cancer blog a group of cancer patients have been working on.

    A fellow tongue cancer patient was sent home to die. There was nothing more that can be done. Cancer survivors ask him life altering questions.

    Please read: Dead Man Talking http://beyondtheglassdoor.blogspot.com

    Peace B

    ReplyDelete