Monday, September 7, 2009

No More Fog...

It's been awhile, but boy am I glad that I'm finally out of the fog! By fog I mean, there are some parts of this trip that I don't remember because I was so doped up on morphine. I was hospitalized from the 8th thru the 16th. During that time, they discovered a bloodclot in my arm, got my pain under control, & even gave me my first round of chemo. I am so glad to be out of the hospital, the food was the worst. I did lose a lot of weight while in there, but I've been eating well, so I'm sure I gained some of it back. So, now I take methadone & neurontin for my pain & my mom gives me shots for the bloodclot. I am going to rehab also for the lymphedema, but my poor arm is so swollen & I really can't move it, plus we have to consider the bloodclot when exercising the arm - nothing too strenuous.

My next round of chemo is on the 1st. We're hoping that after this round, the doctor will be able to reassess me & tell us that the chemo is killing the cancer. when that happens, then we can coordinate with the Hawaii doctors so we can come home & I can receive treatment there. I miss home, I miss my husband, I miss Hawaii.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you posted ... I was wondering how you where doing. Hope you can get home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear from you. Have been hoping and praying for you to do well with the new Texas regimen. I'm sure it's hard to be away from your family. I hope you can get your treatment prescribed in a way that the rest of it can be done from home. Either way, know that you're getting the best treatment possible where you are now. Faith in God and the experts He has given us :). Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete